We are looking for an E-Commerce Manager to take our successful online stores to the next level across Australasia, North America and Europe.
The E-commerce Manager is responsible for developing the e-commerce strategy and leading the execution and development of the e-commerce business across all functions. Accountable for developing, implementing, forecasting, and measuring all e-commerce and digital marketing strategies. Success is measured by meeting (and exceeding) annual and seasonal revenue targets by delivering the best in user experience, increasing traffic, conversion rate and revenue per visit.
This is a newly created role for a sales channel that we are focused on growing. Currently a small in-house team, you will be tasked in developing their capabilities alongside managing any external contractors. You will report to the Head of Sales and work closely with our marketing and creative teams to constantly improve all aspects of our online stores.
Kowtow’s mission is to create positive change globally through our sustainable and ethical practices in the fashion industry. Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006 we have over 200 wholesale partners worldwide and our own online and retail stores. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, New York and across Australia and New Zealand.
- Meet and exceed online store sales targets.
- Responsible for e-commerce operating budget and ensuring execution of key initiatives that lead to increased brand awareness, market share and profitability across all regions.
- Drive e-commerce business ensuring optimal website performance, identifying and implementing new opportunities, analyzing market trends and best practices to increase retention and conversion rates for all regions.
- Ensure all stores run 24/7 ensuring any technical issues are resolved seamlessly.
- Daily, weekly and monthly sales reporting with insights & solutions to continually improve performance, reporting from Google Analytics detailing progress of KPIs, UX and site traffic.
- Manage the delivery of exceptional customer service.
- Manage merchandising and planning to ensure optimal presentation of product as measured by conversion and average order size. Audit existing merchandise, stock and inventory processes and implement efficiencies.
- Work closely with Marketing to build brand recognition and awareness through digital marketing ensuring preparation and delivery of campaigns for markdown periods, site launches and collections align with calendar.
- Implement and develop successful digital advertising and search campaigns to increase traffic, conversion, and repeat purchasing.
- Optimise the use of customer database and customized email campaigns to drive results across multiple channels. Continually seek creative ways to enhance existing database through name and data capture.
- Manage e-commerce team and external contractors to ensure best practice delivery to deadline and budget.
- Keep abreast of emerging trends, competitors, e-commerce industry leaders and advancements in web technology that align with our brand and improve the customer experience.
Candidates will require:
- At least 3 years experience in E-Commerce management with responsibility for the overall running of successful e-commerce stores including strategic planning, web analytics, product & promotional merchandising, digital marketing campaigns, website design and development including agency relationships, customer service and fulfillment.
- A proven sales record showing the ability to reach and exceed targets.
- Analytical, with the ability to provide strategic recommendations based on data.
- Experience with web platform management, with a deep understanding of the competitive landscape, both globally and regionally.
- Experience working on SaaS platforms, preferably Shopify +
- Experience in content & stock management systems, preferably Cin7.
- Web development or administration skills to solve technical issues that may arise.
- Resourceful and proactive, a confident and positive manager with excellent verbal and written skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, time management skills and initiative to ensure deadlines are met.
- Mac literate and proficient in Microsoft Excel, internet and web-based applications.
- Understanding of and ability to communicate the Kowtow aesthetic.
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: 40 hrs per week Monday – Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Applications close 23rd February 2020.