Who We Are
Preserving the planet. Protecting the people.
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, made entirely from 100% Fairtrade certified organic cotton.
Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution, whilst working in sustainability and innovation.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder
The Role and what you will bring
We are searching for a talented Graphic Designer to create engaging visual materials to support the execution of campaign concepts across a range of digital channels and outputs. If you have an affinity for minimalist design and love the idea of developing creative graphic material that will successfully communicate the vibrant identity of our collections, this is the opportunity you’ve been looking for to kickstart 2023!
Your exceptional time management skills and ability to collaborate will be key to your success. You will be joining our growing Digital team and working closely with the Creative and Brand teams across various platforms on multiple projects. A typical day could include working on website banners & landing pages, digital static & motion assets, email marketing or affiliate marketing assets. Ideally you will have experience in fashion or a similar industry and a sound understanding of working within brand guidelines.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Design & build weekly EDM newsletters, email campaigns and automations
- Produce a variety of engaging digital assets for paid social & paid search platforms (Instagram, Google, YouTube, TikTok, affiliate banners and assets)
- Follow and execute campaign concepts across a range of channels and outputs in collaboration with Creative and Brand teams
- Assist with print, digital and graphic design projects as required including retail store assets and wholesale marketing collateral
- Support the creative team with basic image editing for online launches and colour correction for in-house content
- Provide graphic design support as required across the wider business
Your Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years graphic design experience (ideally in fashion or similar industry)
- Highly creative, with a passion for global fashion and design
- Competency in image resizing, file size management and colour profiling
- Understanding of responsive and user experience design (desirable)
- Mac literate and experienced in Adobe CS
- HTML / CSS knowledge & tech savvy
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms (desirable)
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional time management and ability to problem solve in a fast paced environment
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation.
Working at Kowtow
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team, and we are currently trialling a reduced working week to allow our people more time to rest and recharge. A seasonal clothing allowance and discount provides you and your loved ones the opportunity to enjoy wearing our Fairtrade organic cotton clothing. We also share some amazing discount privileges with like minded sustainably focused businesses.
Kowtow is growing and our newly refurbished workroom and studio is an inspiring place to work in central Wellington, Aotearoa’s creative capital. We provide an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you are naturally confident, have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or by emailing us at email@example.com with your cover letter and CV.