We are looking for a retail manager for our Kowtow flagship store in Wellington.
You will be responsible for leading the store in all aspects including sales, customer relationships, staff, merchandising, brand building, buying, administration and stock management to meet targets. This is a newly created role which requires you to bring together a team and manage the set-up and opening logistics.
You will work closely with our head office and report to head of sales.
Kowtow is a global, sustainable and ethical clothing label. We present our collections each season in Copenhagen, Berlin, Paris, LA, NY, Tokyo, Melbourne and Wellington. For more information please visit www.kowtowclothing.com
- Leading and planning daily work and operations in-store
- Responsible for ensuring store meets sales targets
- Analyzing sales figures and developing an action plan to achieve targets by store staff
- Delivering and maintaining exceptional customer service
- Ensuring consistent and excellent store presentation with appropriate stock levels and merchandise
- Recruiting, training and managing store staff
- Administrative duties such as reporting and communicating with head office
- Responsible for the research and buying of new product lines for the store
- Minimum of 3 years store management experience in fashion retail
- Proven skills in staff management and training
- Sales driven and results oriented
- Organized and customer focused
- Positive can-do attitude & ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Literate in Mac, Google apps, Shopify and POS systems
- An understanding and ability to communicate the Kowtow aesthetic and a passion for sustainability
Ideally you also understand what sustainability means and live a conscious lifestyle.
Hours: Full time - must be available to work weekends
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Please email your cover letter & CV with references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications closing date: 8th October 2017