Accounts Receivables Coordinator
Who We Are
Preserving the planet. Protecting the people.
Founded by Gosia Piatek in 2006, Kowtow is a seed-to-garment brand, made entirely from 100% Fairtrade certified organic cotton.
Gosia believes that clothing is a vessel for a much bigger concept towards a healthier planet and a fairer world. Determined to create a positive environmental contribution, Kowtow works with nature to provide people with a natural and circular clothing solution, whilst working in sustainability and innovation.
“The limitations of our ethos keeps us innovative. We don’t compromise on design, and embrace restrictions. This gives our garments a strong minimal identity, and we believe the simplicity of our clothing is the first step toward circularity.”
– Gosia Piatek, Kowtow Founder
The Role and what you will bring
We are searching for an energetic and organised accounts receivables professional to support our busy Finance team. Your day to day will include a variety of accounts administration tasks including reporting, financial data management, banking and account reconciliation. Ideally you will have proven experience in a similar role, and demonstrate a sound knowledge of retail accounts reconciliation and sales reporting across multiple channels.
This is a part time role (20-25 hours), however we are open to discussing flexible work options with the right candidate. If you enjoy collaborating across teams and you know how to multitask in a fast paced environment, apply now including your availability and preferred days of working in your cover letter.
The Primary Responsibilities:
- Support the Finance Manager with accounts receivable functions including accurate analysis and coding of all sales transactions
- Maintain the Accounts Receivables Ledger and initiate follow up on any overdue accounts
- Provide weekly sales reporting including accurate and on time reconciliation of all Xero, Cin 7 and Shopify data
- Process all retail revenue data in Xero ensuring accurate and on time reconciliation of discrepancies and digital payments
- Support the Finance Manager with monthly reconciliations of revenue accounts
- Collate sales information for the completion of quarterly Fairtrade Reports
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable Coordinator on general financial administrative tasks
Your Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in similar role
- Mac literate and familiar with Excel and Google Suite
- Sound knowledge of Xero, Cin 7 and Shopify
- Confident communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
- Meticulous attention to detail, exceptional time management and ability to work to deadline in a fast paced environment
Ideally you care about preserving the planet as much as we do and have a genuine interest in circularity, sustainability and innovation.
Working at Kowtow
At Kowtow we are proud of our kind and caring culture. Flexible working options, birthday leave and volunteer days are just some of the ways we support the health and wellbeing of our team, and we are currently trialling a reduced working week to allow our people more time to rest and recharge. A seasonal clothing allowance and discount provides you and your loved ones the opportunity to enjoy wearing our Fairtrade organic cotton clothing. We also share some amazing discount privileges with like minded sustainably focused businesses.
Kowtow is growing and our newly refurbished workroom and studio is an inspiring place to work in central Wellington, Aotearoa’s creative capital. We provide an environment where people can achieve their potential by offering equal opportunities for growth and development, and we actively encourage collaboration and ideation. You will thrive at Kowtow if you are naturally confident, have a positive attitude and share our vision of leaving the planet better than we found it.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
Apply now through Seek or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.